“Wherever there is a human being there is an opportunity for kindness.” Seneca
If you have been one of my blog readers for any amount of time, especially reading the “Positive Purposeful Post”(s) then you know somehow each and every saying/quote impacts me in some amazing way. That is why I love pulling from my very own LFTG (Look for the good . . . ) jar for daily inspiration! The one I pulled today comes at a perfect time for me to tell you about what our company “Look for the good . . . “ is going to do to help people around THE WORLD!
I have come up with a super fun way to help others “Look for the good . . . “. Introducing . . . DRUM ROLL PLEASE . . . PE (Positivity Exchange)! Our MISSION is to spread positivity without stress! WHO – Middle school age and up. Male and females. No discrimination against the guys. We all need positivity! We want whoever comes to be able to sit (be still), play game, and learn about helping others to “Look for the good . . . “ while being inspired themselves. Sorry, but it isn’t playtime for the kids. WHAT – We are doing a sort of Dirty Santa gift exchange. HOWEVER, the point is to not be stressed about money or having to “buy” something. So, if you would like to buy something go for it! But there are lots of ideas out there that cost nothing to very little. DOLLAR TREE IS MY BEST FRIEND! Be creative! If you aren’t go visit Pinterest or Google. See below for examples too. Each person brings something to exchange and we draw numbers. Everyone goes home with a little positivity. We will explain game rules when you arrive. WHEN – once a month, Thursday nights, 6:30 – 8 p.m. (or whatever time you decide if you choose to be a hostess) WHERE – I will start hosting at my house of course and we will see where it goes. It may be that I always host at my house or if it grows we can move it. Also, I would love for this to happen ALL OVER THE WORLD so having said that I want others to host their own PE! I will be sending out an evite for some of my friends and if you would like to be part of my PE group just send me a message! I would love to have you!
- Scratch piece of paper and write down something to inspire someone else. It can be a quote or saying, funny or serious. You can type it out or write it down. However, you want to give it.
- Starbucks gift card (like $5 – not expensive!)
- Socks (fuzzy, funny, whatever strikes you as happy and fun!)
- Homemade cookies or something similar.
- Hand lotion (y’all I love the dollar ones you can get that are small enough to go in your bag or pocket)
- Coloring books (you know they make the cool ones for adults now)
- Candles (vanilla scent or something relaxing – not stinky ;~} )
- Stationary (I love writing people little notes and I love getting them in the mail too! It makes someone feel special and know someone is thinking of them)
- Handmade necklace, bracelet, etc.
These are only a few ideas! Some of you may be jewelry makers. Some of you may hand make scarves/blankets, etc. Some of you may love drawing/painting and want to gift one of your pieces. There are so many options! What do you love? How can you inspire/uplift/encourage someone else with a gift? And again, don’t worry if you aren’t crafty. This is a super fun – no stress – way of exchanging positivity with others and helping each other to “Look for the good . . . “. I will be giving gifts from my “Look for the good . . . “ collection. So my “Look for the good . . . “ family, friends, and followers the good . . . for today is – everything above! Yay! Much Peace and Love Y’all!